Comments

This is our basic commenting system. For the full range of features, use one of our recommended browsers.
  • 1 2

There's been no press coverage, nothing said since this incident, Sky commentators didn't get excited. Forums are up in arms about it yet everywhere else is strangely silent.

I hope this isn't going to be brushed under the carpet, it at least needs investigating.

• 1 2

RugbyWreck
    19 March 2012 11:10AM

I thought at the time that it was strange that Hawkins suddenly screamed and was in obvious pain but after the play had stopped and players were getting up, it seemed odd? I just assumed that someone had rolled over his arm accidentally whilst getting up from the pile up. They didn't show any replays on the TV that showed what happened.

Same here, I thought it was strange and assumed his arm must have got caught awkwardly between bodies as the players started to get up.

Having watched that clip though I am at a loss to explain what Clarke was thinking of? His action should not only result in a long ban but also criminal proceedings in my book, that is disgraceful. If Mallinder has any standards then he'll be throwing him out of the team as well.

I do think we can't just assume Clark did intentionally injure Hawkins, that clip does look really damning of him but Clark's body is in the way to some extent and it might be from the other side where there is likely to have been a clearer view that there is something to mitigate what happened (not sure what there could be but it could be more innocent than it looks). If other angles do show that he did it then they need to throw the book at him - rugby can't have players pulling out MMA moves on opposing players who can't defend themselves.

• 0 1

I thought at the time that it was strange that Hawkins suddenly screamed and was in obvious pain but after the play had stopped and players were getting up, it seemed odd? I just assumed that someone had rolled over his arm accidentally whilst getting up from the pile up. They didn't show any replays on the TV that showed what happened.

Having watched that clip though I am at a loss to explain what Clarke was thinking of? His action should not only result in a long ban but also criminal proceedings in my book, that is disgraceful. If Mallinder has any standards then he'll be throwing him out of the team as well.

• 0 1

Good old fashioned East Midlands' ding dong played in a great atmosphere; thoroughly enjoyed it and some of the Tigers boys looked out on their feet at the end after the number of tackles they put in. Saints v Tigers in the league will be an interesting re-match given the smell around Clark's misdemeanour?

At least Cockerill can forget buffing up his CV for the time-being.

• 0 1

That clip doesn't look good for Clark.

Funny, a few weeks ago some were touting him to break into the England XV. Instead, he doesn't even make the match day 22, loses a cup final and looks like facing a citing which could end his season. All gone a bit tits up for him, really.

• 0 1

Cockerill seemed pretty convinced it was deliberate because he actually confronted Clark after the game about it. If Ashton got 4 weeks or so for hair pulling Clark, who's been cited before for headbutting, will probably get a season ending ban.

• 1 2

Great result in a hard fought match.
    Ford showed tigers have some real depth at fly half now... and nice to see Grindal playing well in what looks like being his final run for the club

Calum Clark will probably be looking at a big ban though after deliberately dislocating Hawkins elbow though.

Does look bad from that footage - watched some of the highlights on ITV4, they cut before the incident but there was camera footage from the opposite side which could well prove things one way or another as to what went on. Seriously nasty if it was deliberate

• 1 2

Great game to watch and was absolutely brutal at times. Tigers having faith in George Ford was good to see as well. Flood is going to have his work cut out from now on if he want's to keep his spot. Ditto for Cole with Mulipola now tearing up the field.

Calum Clark will probably be looking at a big ban though after deliberately dislocating Hawkins elbow though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d_5Vlsyekio